The reason why I hardly read the news…
Posted by dorian on March 24, 2012
Example: Here is the headlining news for today, (a straight cut-and-paste) from one of the top internet search engine news sites:
Saturday, March 24, 2012
- Slain teen’s friends say he never picked a fight
- Tsunami-tossed boat spotted off western Canada
- Bales charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder
- Woman to wed slain French soldier posthumously
- 6 kids, 2 adults killed in West Virginia house fire
- Deadly clashes in Egypt after soccer club banned
- ‘Borat’ anthem at sports event angers Kazakhstan
- Roadside bombing kills 5 in Afghanistan
- Space junk forces astronauts to take shelter
Do you see anything positive up there? Something that will start your day off with a smile? Okay, maybe the Borat article made me snicker somewhat. but I can say that all of the above news were all on the negative side and called forth the stress hormones to come to the harm of the body, the spirit, and the mind. Stress= dis-ease.
There are other sources where you can educate yourself on current events (important for social interaction, real and/or virtual, and if you like to play Jeopardy!). Slim pickins, however. Most news sources cater to what will sell off the counter — Sensationalized crime stories, sports, and celebrity gossip.Violence and how the super rich live dictate what news publishers put out for us to read. So this morning, I will share some good news with you. Here are some, have a good day!